After canceling the 2020 CSDI Workshop and moving the 2021 CSDI Workshop to a virtual platform, we are excited to announce that the 2022 CSDI Workshop will be in person. We are keeping a close eye on the trajectory of the global pandemic and will adjust our plans as necessary, but we are very hopeful to see everyone in person next spring!
We are also thrilled the 2022 CSDI Workshop will be hosted by CDSP, the Center for Data and Methods of Sciences Po, and the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS). The workshop will take place April 4th – April 6th at the Condorcet Campus, Paris, France.
We are very grateful for all the planning work that CDSP and CNRS did for the 2020 CSDI Workshop, and even more grateful that they graciously agreed to host (again!) the 2022 CSDI Workshop.
Call for Session Abstracts
Session abstracts should have at least three papers, complete with titles and authors (more papers and sessions may be added when responses to the call for individual contributions are received and reviewed). If the session is accepted, it is the responsibility of the session organizer to solicit the individual paper abstracts for that session and ensure each author submits an individual abstract by the presentation abstract deadline.
Below is a list of suggested topics. If your topic is not listed, please feel free to submit a session abstract for any topic that relates to comparative survey design and implementation.
The session abstracts are due November 1, 2022.
- Cross-cultural and comparative surveys during Covid-19
- Equivalency measures
- Achieving comparability
- Questionnaire development and testing
- Translation, adaptation, and assessment
- Minimizing measurement error
- Interviewer effects
- Sampling innovations
- Data collection challenges and solutions
- Quality control
- Innovative uses of technology
- Paradata use across the lifecycle
- Metadata use
- Comparative standard demographics
- Data curation and dissemination
- Comparative analyses
- Computational comparability measures
To submit your abstract (up to 400 words), please use this link: Submit Session Abstract.
For your convenience, here is a list of important dates:
- November 1, 2021 – Session abstracts due
- November 8, 2021 – Call for individual contributions opens
- December 20, 2021 – Individual abstracts due (session organizers are responsible for ensuring their session participants submit individual abstracts)
- January 17, 2022 – Abstract notification sent and online registration opens
- March 1, 2022 – Online registration closes
- April 4th – April 6th, 2022 – CSDI Workshop